Skip to main content

"Not much"

Whenever someone asks "what's going on", my usual response is "not much". I could have a thousand things with looming deadlines and this would still be my answer which is why it's a fitting title to this post.

Our little family has been quite busy over the last month. Not really a great excuse for the lack of posts, but it's what I'm going with.

First, travel
We've had the good fortune of seeing all sorts of friends and family. For those that we missed, hopefully we'll see you soon.

  • Rachel's Girls' Weekend - in mid-March, the fam traveled back to Atlanta to see friends, check on the house, and so that I could join Rachel, Emily, and Erin in a day of relaxation. The trip was good fun! Great to see everyone and to celebrate Rachel before her wedding.
  • Katie and Brian's Shower - Jack and I returned to Atlanta in early April to celebrate the impending arrival of Baby Emma Katherine Foley! The shower was lots of fun. Katie has done an amazing job preparing a beautiful nursery for her baby girl. Katie also looked great (even in flats)! Only a few more weeks before Emma arrives!! Can't wait to meet her.
  • Pete and Rachel's Wedding - Justin and I returned to our old stomping grounds of Boston as guests at Pete Pancare and Rachel Glasser's wedding. The weather was true Boston spring - mid-40s and raining! Neither that, nor the priest going to the wrong hotel put a damper on the evening. (No worries, the rabbi was there on time). Separately, the dress code for the rest of Boston was track suit. Seriously, everyone else was there for the Boston Marathon. I've never seen so much training wear in one place. No jeans - just swishy pants. While Justin and I were having a blast in Boston, Jack was catching up with his grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. He was a good little guy - eating and sleeping like a champ!
  • Rachel and Michael's Wedding - Last event of the last few weeks. Justin and I headed to Ann Arbor, MI for their wedding. I was more than honored to serve as one of Rachel's Ladies of Honor (thankfully, she thought "matrons of honor" too matronly for Sara and me). The weekend was packed with a shower, rehearsal dinner, and, of course, the wedding! Rachel was a beautiful bride and Michael a handsome (and lucky) groom. Unfortunately, I left my cameras in NYC. I'll have to get some pics from friends in attendance. While we were "especially in Michigan", my mom and her friend Linda Cummings came to NYC to hang with Jack. Everything seemed to go fine for their visit. Though, I'm sure that they were both a bit worn out after trekking around with an 8 month old.

Jack Highlights
Jack is continuing to grow grow grow!! He's babbling like crazy - lots of nah, nah, nahs and da da das as well as a few mom mom moms. It's too sweet. Sometimes he talks himself to sleep - babbling to his ever-attentive lovey! 

His core and legs are getting stronger too. He's pushy up into a crawling position - but no forward motion yet. He's also jumping in the exersaucer and can pull himself to sitting (when you hold down his feet).

Big news - he has two teeth! They started popping out two weeks ago and are slowing emerging from the gums. So exciting!

Crazy how much he's grown! His next appointment is in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see how tall he is and how much he weighs!!

I think that this pretty much covers the last few weeks. I'll add pictures soon.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Echo echo echo...

We welcomed a new pet to our home: Echo, a lovely red Betta. The name is all Spence, though he did pose a few other suggestions. Spence: I'm going to name it Bluey. Me: the fish is red. Spence: then I'll name it Reddy. Me: Let's stick with Echo. That's a cool name.

Sunday Afternoon in the Park

Could be a well known play, but in this case, it's the new Yankee Stadium. I picked up tickets Thursday afternoon for today's game against the Toronto Blue Jays. This is the first game we've been to at the new stadium. The new stadium is very nice - much more in line with other new stadiums. There is a lot more space in the walkways - more food options - and much better bathrooms! The latter being most important to me right now. Our tickets were in left field in the upper deck. All in all, decent seats - but the sun made them a bit unbearable. The game started off slow - I mean slow. The first two innings took almost 2 hours. We were roasting in the sun! Eventually, we decided to walk around to check out the rest of the stadium and get out of the sun. The game got much better after we starting moving. Eventually, we ended up on the first level watching the game from the walkway. The pregnancy bump paid off, because one of the ushers in this area let us sit down in the shade