Skip to main content

Some days

I worked from home today because I had several appointments.

The first was dropping off our car to be serviced. That errand was remarkably uneventful. Jack went with me and we were at the Y 30 minutes early.

Next up was Verizon. A service person was coming to connect something for the phone line. About 30 minutes before the person was supposed to arrive, I frantically searched the apartment for our phones. Finally I remembered where we had stored them. The guy arrives and checks everything out. He confirms that he in fact did not need to come at all. Had I actually plugged my phones in when I ordered the service, I could have saved him the trip. Regardless, good to have reliable phone service again. And we have a 212 number - guess we are true New Yorkers!

Day is going well right?  Right.

Next up dentist appointments for both boys.

The dentist is really nice and the office is great for kids. Still Our boys hate it.

Spence goes first. He generally screams during his cleaning but was manageable.

Jack is next. First we get thru x rays. That was a bit trying because Jack had a sensitive gag reaction. We get them done. He starts to melt down when we go to the next chair for his cleaning. He yells the entire time. I mean the entire time. To the point that I expect him to pass out. At the end, Jack was completely flushed - he looked like he had been running because he was being chased by crazed animal. The dentist, dental assistant, and I were exhausted - emotionally and physically. When we walked into the waiting room, there was a father waiting with his daughter. The dad says something like wow there he is. They could hear everything.

Last thing of the day was picking up our car. Jack walked, well actually ran, to the dealership (almost a mile which is really good for a 4.5 yr old). As Jack was getting in the car, he slipped and fell out. On to the hard pavement. Yep. Fell right out of the car. Exactly what I had worried about every other time I've watched him get in the car. Awesome.

This day has worn me  out.

One thing's for sure: Justin is taking the boys to their next dentist appointment!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Echo echo echo...

We welcomed a new pet to our home: Echo, a lovely red Betta. The name is all Spence, though he did pose a few other suggestions. Spence: I'm going to name it Bluey. Me: the fish is red. Spence: then I'll name it Reddy. Me: Let's stick with Echo. That's a cool name.

Sunday Afternoon in the Park

Could be a well known play, but in this case, it's the new Yankee Stadium. I picked up tickets Thursday afternoon for today's game against the Toronto Blue Jays. This is the first game we've been to at the new stadium. The new stadium is very nice - much more in line with other new stadiums. There is a lot more space in the walkways - more food options - and much better bathrooms! The latter being most important to me right now. Our tickets were in left field in the upper deck. All in all, decent seats - but the sun made them a bit unbearable. The game started off slow - I mean slow. The first two innings took almost 2 hours. We were roasting in the sun! Eventually, we decided to walk around to check out the rest of the stadium and get out of the sun. The game got much better after we starting moving. Eventually, we ended up on the first level watching the game from the walkway. The pregnancy bump paid off, because one of the ushers in this area let us sit down in the shade